Each year, at the summer show, I present three students with awards for their work through the year:
- Student of the Year – Presented in recognition of exemplary attendance, achievement, effort and attitude.
- Award for Achievement – Presented the student who has achieved the most during the year. This can include activities outside of lessons, attending auditions, forming bands or solo performances.
- Award for Effort – Presented in recognition of the effort put into lessons, sometimes through extenuating circumstances.
Long Note Cup
There is also the Long Note Competition, which is more of a fun challenge and is awarded to whichever student can sustain a single note for the longest time. The student receives the Long Note Cup which they keep for a year.
This Year’s Winners
Congratulations to this year’s winners:
- Student of the Year – Jasmine Penfold
- Award for Achievement – Fiona Grunwell
- Award for Effort – Sarah Wells
- Long Note Cup – Lizzie Kaemena
A full list of previous years’ winners can be found on the Student Awards Page.